Hey everyone! So, my friend Kim convinced me to join her in the blogosphere. Do I think very many people have an insatiable yearning to know what's going on in my life? Nope! Do I believe what I have to say will be interesting or life-changing? No way! Could I use a place of my own to write about whatever I want or need to write about? YEP! So here I am. I hope you will join me in this journey, wherever it may take me.
A little bit about me...First and foremost, I'm a wife and mother. My husband, Jayson, and I have been married since 1997, but we have been together since 1992 (our senior year in high school). Our beautiful daughter, Sarah, blessed us in May 1998, and our awesome son, Jake, followed in November 2001. Don't worry, you'll get to hear plenty about them, considering they are MY LIFE.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Communications and a Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration & Student Affairs. So, I'm educated. Does that make me smart? Eh, not really. To be perfectly honest with you, I believe my husband (who has very little post-secondary education) is much more intelligent than I am. His brain amazes me sometimes.
What else? Oh, I also have a career outside the home. Jayson and the kids will always be my number one "job," but I also have bills to pay! I'm a financial aid administrator...have been since 1998. Currently, I am the Deputy Director of the SC Tuition Grants Commission. Our agency provides need-based tuition grants to eligible students attending one of the private, independent colleges in the state of South Carolina. My boss is great, and my colleagues are amazing! I can't complain :)
I suppose that's enough of an intro. There is no telling what topics may come up here, so don't say I didn't warn you!
Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So proud of you!!! Now share with all on FB!!!
ReplyDelete