My Life

My Life
The kids and me playing in the snow

Friday, March 5, 2010

Epic Fail of a Week

It has been a while since I've felt this "out of it."  I told my boss this morning that my mind is obviously somewhere else this week, the problem is I don't know WHERE that "somewhere else" even is!  Can anyone help me find my mind, please???

So, here's all the little things I screwed up this week:

  1. Duplicated a statement of candidacy for a professional organization's newsletter that I created, so that two candidates running for office had the SAME statement on their info pages.  Luckily, I was able to get it fixed fairly quickly, but only AFTER the file had been made available to the membership.
  2. In the same newsletter...I incorrectly assumed that "Columbia Southern University" is NOT in South Carolina (I thought it was a former name of a current university here in SC). This, in turn, invalidated what I thought was the correct answer for a candidate trivia question.
  3. Sent out (via e-mail) a new satisfactory progress policy to all of our financial aid contacts with NO subject line, AFTER forgetting to save it as a "2003" document because some of the schools are not using 2007.  Had to resend that to cover my tracks, and I'm sure I really looked like an idiot considering all these people already knew of my previous goof-ups with #1 and #2 this week.
  4. I can't remember.  But I am SURE there is a 4th one, and a 5th and a 6th.
I am really looking forward to this weekend!  Jake is having a friend sleep over tonight, so lots of 8-year-old boy fun will ensue.  Tomorrow morning, I'm taking both of them to Home Depot for the free kids workshop.  Then we're going to pick up a 2nd friend, grab some lunch, and head downtown for a trip to Edventure.  Sunday, we have a den meeting for Scouts, and I'm looking forward to hearing some of the boys' jokes (we're having a den comedy show for them to practice their public speaking skills).

So, to sum it up...."Where's My Mind?" (one of my favorite songs by The Pixies, by the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment